Crown 135MA 3-Channel 35 Watt Commercial Mixer Amplifier
The Crown 135MA is a 3-channel, 35W, high-value mixer-amplifier for commercial audio. It provides 8-ohm and constant-voltage outputs of 70V and 100V. The 135MA features 3 inputs, each with its own volume control, provides 3 inputs, a 35W amplifier output, priority muting, voice activated muting, phantom power, and Bass and Treble controls.
- 3 inputs (each with a volume control), and one 35W amplifier output channel
- Ideal for paging, background music, and music-on-hold
- Balanced Phoenix-type mic/line input, telephone output, dual RCA stereo music inputs, screw-terminal speaker outputs
- Priority muting by VOX or external switch
- Bass and Treble controls on master output
- Minimum Guaranteed Power into 8 ohms or 70V/100V Output: 35W
- Frequency Response (at 1 watt from line out): 50Hz to 20kHz +/-1dB; 19Hz to 34kHz +0, -3dB
- Signal to Noise Ratio (ref. to rated power, master volume at minimum):
- Mic: > 58 dB.
- Line: > 60 dB.
- Telephone: > 60 dB.
- Inputs 2 or 3 (and 4 in 160MA): > 78 dB
- THD+N: <0.5% at rated power at 1kHz; 0.1 percent at 5W at 1kHz
- Input Sensitivity (for full output at maximum gain):
- Input 1: Mic 3mV, Line 800mV.
- Input 2: 400mV.
- Input 3: 400mV.
- Input Impedance (nominal):
- Mic: 2.2 kilohms.
- Line: 10 kilohms.
- RCA: 10 kilohms.
- Crosstalk: -82dB at 1kHz (Ch. 1 line input 0.8V, Ch. 1 volume at minimum, other channel volumes at maximum)
- Line Output Level (nominal): 1V into 10 kilohms
- Phantom Power: 15 VDC
- AC Line Voltages Available: Universal Power Supply. Line voltage tolerance +15 percent, -20 percent
- Operating Temperature/Humidity: 0° C to 40° C at 95% relative humidity (non-condensing).
- Storage Temperature: Storage Temperature: 20° C to 85° C.
- Cooling: Convection cooled.
- Width: Half rack width 9.5 in.
- Height (front panel): 3.5 in.
- Height (including feet): 4.1 in.
- Depth (front panel to back panel): 12.2 in.
- Depth (front of knobs to back panel): 13.9 in.
- Weight: 8 lb 2 oz net, 10 lb 16 oz shipping
Front Panel Controls and Indicators
- Power Switch: Pushbutton on-off switch.Input Volume Controls: Four controls, one per input. Detented potentiometers with knobs.
- Tone Controls: Bass and Treble non-detented recessed potentiometers under master output volume control. Bass ±10 dB at 100 Hz, Treble ±10 dB at 10 kHz.
- Power Indicator: Blue LED indicates power on.
- Input Signal Presence Indicators: Green LED, one above each channel's input attenuator, illuminates when input signal exceeds 40 dBu.
- Input Signal Clip Indicators: Green LED, one above each channel's input attenuator, fl ashes brightly at threshold of audible distortion.
- Output Signal Presence Indicator: Green LED above master output volume control illuminates when any input signal exceeds 40 dBu.
- Output Signal Clip Indicators: Red LED above master output volume control fl ashes brightly at threshold of audible distortion.
- Master Output Volume Control: Detented potentiometer with knob.
Back Panel Controls, Connectors and Indicators
- AC Power Inlet: Detachable IEC accepts US or Euro style power cords.
- Amplifier Output Connector: 4-position terminal barrier block with COM (Common), 8 ohms, 70V and 100V terminals.
- Accepts up to 10 AWG terminal forks. Non-touch cover included.
- Preamp Line Out Connector: 3-pin balanced Phoenix-type for connection to external amplifiers. Level independent of master volume control.
- Input Connector 1: 5-terminal Phoenix connector. 3 terminals for balanced signal, 2 terminals for priority contact closure, which mutes other channels when DIP switch 3 is on
- Input Connector 2: Unbalanced line-level RCA-type connectors.
- Input Connector 3: Unbalanced line-level RCA-type connectors.
- Telephone (MOH) Output Connector: 4-terminal Phoenix connector (2 terminals for 1W output to 8-ohm speaker, 2 terminals for 600-ohm output to PBX music-on-hold port).
- MOH Level Control: Trim pot adjusts level for Music-On-Hold output from Telephone (MOH) Output Connector.
- Amp Configuration DIP Switch: DIP switch selection for multiple functions.
- 1. On: Sets CH1 to Mic Input. Off: Sets CH1 to Line Input.
- 2. On: Sets CH1 to Normal mode (no priority).
- 3. On: CH1 priority contact closure mutes other channels.
- 4. On: CH1 VOX mutes other channels by sensing signal through Input 1.
- 5. On: Routes CH1 to MOH output.
- 6. On: Routes CH2 to MOH output.
- 7. On: Routes CH3 to MOH output.
- 8. On: 15V phantom power.
- VOX Threshold: Trim pot controls how loud the voice on CH1 must be before muting other channels. Can be set for no muting.