JBL EON518S Portable 500W Powered 18 Inch Subwoofer
The EON518S is an 18-inch, direct radiating, high performance powered, compact subwoofer system and is designed to extend low frequency performance of any EON system. It also offers the convenience of an integrated crossover and stereo loop-thru capability. The EON518S is comprised of a 18 inch Differential Drive woofer driven by a 500 watt Class-D digital amplifier.
JBL's exclusive Differential Drive technology gives the EON518S subwoofer more power and less weight. The patented 18 inch low-frequency driver uses neodymium magnets and dual voice coils to perform better than conventional designs with less distortion, and all at a fraction of the weight.
EON is synonymous with portability, meaning that one person can easily lift, load, and mount an EON518S virtually anywhere. Deep-welled, full-size handles feature ergonomically designed grip points, while balanced weight distribution and composite enclosures make the EON518S truly one of the light and extreme light weight set that are the new standard as the performance do-it-all system for gigging musicians, touring bands, and mobile DJs. Main or monitor, pole or stand mounted, and even flown, The EON518S is right at home regardless of the venue or application. Extend the low frequency performance of all EON systems or any other PA system with the EON518S. The sub sounds good in field tests and most people agree it far surpasses the older EON Subs.
JBL has drawn from over 60 years of world-class speaker design to develop the latest durable lightweight technologies. They incorporated it very well when making the EON518S. In addition to the legendary performance of JBL transducers, the EON518S incorporates special limiter circuitry that will protect the electronic components when driven hard. This is rigorously tested by a 100-hour torture test. Covered by a full metal grille with protective backing fitted to a robust composite shell, the EON518S Sub is built to stand up to the rigors of road abuse and deliver the performance you need every time.
- 500 watts RMS of Efficient Class-D digital power Weight at only 65 lbs
- 18" Differential Drive low-frequency driver with neodymium magnet for low-distortion and light weight
- Stereo balanced loop-through outputs
- Loop thru signal flow for extended system application and easy daisy-chain connections
- Integrated and switchable High Pass Filter on loop-through outputs
- Easy daisy-chain connections for extending the system
- Polarity reverse selector
- Highly designed composite enclosure for durability, lightweight, and acoustic performance
- Dimension: 24.3 in x 22.4 in x 25.7 in
- Frequency Response 42 Hz - 100 Hz
- Crossover Freq. 120hz ( HPF selectable on outputs )